Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Week and weekend recap

Eight mile trail run to start off Labor Day! 





This past weekend, a three-day, Labor Day holiday weekend, I moved my long run to Monday. 
Saturday I joined a group bike ride, for 33 miles. I did the same route a week ago with the same group. This time the heat was back in the desert. I still had a great time and focused on my heart rate staying high in the long mountain climb.  I was surprised for not having the amount of food (fuel) I had before hand I felt really good. Kept up on the hydration. 
Took Sunday off to recover and slept in a little, which is rare. 
Monday, I set out on an early morning start trail run. I planned on at least six miles and was able to get a total of eight in before heading back to the vehicle. A little cloud cover and rain the night before had the air temperature down and felt good. 

No comments: