Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Training is coming along


Training is coming along. Last weekend I hit my furthest running distance, so far. 9.6 miles. The morning temperatures are getting cooler. I am starting to nail down my nutrition and pacing. 
While running I focused on keeping my heart rate in my Zone 4 and 5. 

I was able to get out on the mountain bike trail yesterday for the first time in awhile. 
Rode the race loop, trying to get some things dialed in on my bike. Starting in the 105 degree heat was hard, but finished my loop in the time I was expecting. 
Need to replace some tires here, which I have just sitting in my garage. Nothing urgent, but the tires I rode on last night were showing some wear. 
While riding I focused on keeping my heart rate in my Zone 4 and 5. 
After the summer monsoon storms, the trails are still messed up. There are a lot of washes along the route that have deep sand. Swapping out my front tire with better tread, while help navigate some of these deep sand washes better. 
I have some work to do on getting my time down, but I know what I need to do. There is time to improve and get faster. 

                                                     

No comments: