Monday, August 27, 2018

Training update from over the weekend


This weekend’s training sessions went very well. I can start to tell I am getting more comfortable getting my heart rate up in my Zones 3 and 4. 




I was going to do my long run on Saturday and follow it up with a road ride to help the legs recover. I did it the opposite though.  I rode with a group ride Saturday morning. Under an odd cloud cover and some sprinkles. The out and back round trip 33 mile course I had ridden numerous times before.  It has a good climb in it. I rode it harder than I have before, feeling very strong and able to keep up with more riders than in the past. Set some new PR’s on Strava segments. Nutrition and hydration were spot on. Felt energized the entire time. 

Sunrise at the top of Goldmine! 

Followed it up Sunday with a 6.5 mile trail run. The miles taking place on the course I am running on in November. Once again the cooler morning temperatures helped. I set some PR’s on a few segments here too, but also did a fair amount of walking getting used to the terrain. There is one steep hill, a good 500 foot climb, I was able to get in twice before I was finished for the day.  Hydration was good, but I could have eaten a little more to keep my pace up I believe. 

Not sure what the next three-day Labor Day weekend will have in store. 
I would like to get a good eight or nine mile run under my belt, and I think I am up for it. 


Training is going well and as expected, but I still need to work on getting more training in. 

No comments: