Monday, September 10, 2018

Resistance bands to a new level with videos



Wanting to strengthen my not only for cycling but running, I have begun using these hip circle bands. I tried out a single band and wanted to try out a set of these bands, with different resistance levels. This set of three TaiGod Fitness bands, each have their own resistance. Each one is color coded on the outside with the brand name as well the elastic on the inside. The Blue one is 17 inches wide and can provide resistance over 260 pounds. The Pink one is 15 inches across and has a resistance of 121 to 260 pounds. Lastly is the Red at 13 inches across and this one provides under 120 pounds of resistance. 



They come in a easy to store pouch that can travel with you if you want. Each band is the same thickness of just a little over three inches.  Simply slip both your legs in the band and wear it up on your upper leg or were it lower on your calves or ankles. It’s a fabric band with elastic woven in to the inside. In this band it is pink. It is not like a rubber or silicone and rub on your legs, making it painful. You can were shorts while using this band and it is comfortable. The band provides great resistance for doing numerous exercises. From lateral side steps, to side-lying hip abductions, to walking squats and even standing hip extensions. 




One of my favorite exercises with the bands is becoming the Squat to Sidekick. 
These bands provides a great workout for the legs, or combine using the band with weights if you like. 
Using the bands has made me realize even more so, that my hips are not as strong as they could be. Yet, that is why I got these in the first place. To help me build up my strength in these muscle groups. These bands works out the hamstrings, quads, glutes and calves. 
Here is a list of some of the exercises I do with these bands. The exercises are helping build strength in my hips and legs.  It is making a difference in my running and cycling. 
I am working using these bands in my workouts two to three times a week.  Even more, as they are easy to use while watching the limited TV, I take in. 


Lateral Side Step


Monster Walk


High Knee Walking 

Fire hydrant

Side-lying Clam

Side-lying hip abduction

Lying Hip Flexor 


There are other exercises, but these are my favorite.  I do 10 to 15 reps per exercise, then on the exercises where needed,  I alternate legs. Start off with the easiest band and work up from there. 




No comments: