Monday, September 17, 2018

Seven minutes !




I am pretty excited. This past weekend during my training trail run, I was able to shave off seven minutes from the previous weeks run. The same distance and all. I really focused this week hard to try and speed up my running on the course. I tried not to walk as much and really conserved my energy on the steep inclines. I am really satisfied with the shoe/sock/footbed insole I have been running in. My legs don’t feel beat up like they were in my older broken down zero drop running shoes. They weren’t trail running shoes to begin with so that had a little to do how I felt running. I glanced down at my Suunto Spartan every so often to check my heart rate. The majority of the 8.5 mile run, I was in my Zone 4. I didn’t feel my breathing was labored at all. 
The last three weeks I have followed up my training trail runs with a good “leg day” workout. The leg resistance bands are paying off to.  
This next weekend I plan on getting some good mountain bike trail miles in, as the mountain bike race I am doing is a week before my trail running race. 
Feeling strong out on the trail. I need to also in the next few weeks, before taking two weeks off for a family vacation, bump up my longest distance to 10 miles. 

No comments: