Monday, September 10, 2018

Amazing workouts this weekend



The weekend started with a long run on Saturday morning. The 8.5 mile run was on the same loop I did last weekend on the desert trail.  
I am getting used to the new shoes I got maybe about a month ago.  Made an adjustment in them using my own footbeds inside. I write about these footbeds here shortly, but I have used them in the past and that's one of the reasons I have gone back to them. Sure I have tried and used others, but these are the best I have found out there. 
Back to the weekend of training. 



I worked on getting my heart rate in my Zone 4. I kept it there for the majority of the run. I got in a groove and just felt good out on the trail. Cooler weather was nice as I was able to get out about 15 minutes before the sun rise. Nutrition and hydration where both good. I was able to get in an extra half mile over my previous run out there in the same amount of time. 
I looked forward to a group cycling ride Sunday morning for my recovery. A slow, max speed of 16 MPH group ride. The 26 miles helped my legs recover well. A few hours after the ride, I joined members of my family for a "Leg Day" workout. Using dumbbells and other weights along with resistance bands. Doing wall sits, walking lunges, squats and lateral side steps. Last week's leg workout had me sore the next day. Today, I recovered from it pretty well. Not sore, but a little stiff. All good and felt great getting these workouts in. 
Working on resistance band workouts and looking forward to some shorter runs this week. 

No comments: