Monday, August 6, 2018

Week update on training



My training run partner the past two weeks. She does a great job keeping my company. 

I was able to get a little over a 4.5 mile training run in Saturday in the heat and all.  Kept hydrated and brought my daughter along on her bike.  She is such a superstar for riding along side me at my pace.  We have a fun time talking about things we see while out, like the roosters we traveled by in a neighborhood. I brought a bluetooth speaker I have and put it on her handlebars. I had the music playing, synched with my smartphone. I had the phone with me.  It worked out great, the music wasn’t too loud, but was nice to listen too and keep us motivated. It worked out to be kind of a leash. If my daughter rode off too far from me the signal would start to cut out and she knew she had to slow down or come back may way. She would pedal off ahead and stop at street corners and wait, or wait in the shade.  I had my OrangMud HydraQuiver, so I carried the water for both of us in that. So enough about that and on to the training. 
The training run went as planned. I got my run in on Saturday then turn around Sunday early morning and got a 16.5 mile road bike ride in. The ride included a 1000 foot climb over 3.5 miles. Great way to get the heart-rate to climb. 
Looking to do this bike loop next week in both directions. So I have that on my calendar.  I need to still work on getting my legs stronger both running and riding in Zone 4. 
I need to replace the tube in my training roller bikes tires. I often use this bike on the road too for quick morning  workouts. 
The training ended with this morning with 2 mile recovery run to try and work out some lactic acid in my legs. 

Here is a to a great week and getting it done. 

No comments: