Friday, August 17, 2018

Building up energy

I was out yesterday morning and got my early morning workout in. A quick 12 mile ride, consisting of two loops. Nothing fast, but I tried to keep my cadence and speed up. Took me over just 22 minutes a lap, which I have been able to do previously in just under 19 minutes. I need to work on getting that down faster as I build my fitness up. 
Later that day I needed to get in a run. I planned on a three mile run, just to get the heart-rate up and the legs moving. I felt fine the first two miles and then just hit a wall. Energy was totally zapped. I may have not eaten as much as I should have after the morning workout, but I kept moving. 
I had to talk a walk break for a minute, but then just took the pace down a little. My hydration must have been down a little too, as I woke up this morning with a headache. 
Looking to do a long run this weekend and a longer bike ride the next day to shake out the legs good.

No comments: