Tuesday, August 14, 2018

More training focused and feeling good



Getting comfortable being uncomfortable, it's all good

If you monitor my social media at Twitter or Instagram (@timhakr), I guess it makes it official. I signed up for the 14 mile Xterra trail run at San Tan Regional park this November. 
I have been training for this over the past few months getting my lungs and legs in shape. Officially signing up for it makes me accountable for my training now. 
This past weekend I was able to get my longest (LSD- long steady distance) run in so far. It was a little cooler than normal due to the monsoon storm the night before. The storm also made it muggy.  I was able to get the 6.25 miles in.  

Standing water cutting off access to some trails, due to the monsoon storms 


This is normally a smoother incline, yet water has cut a big divot in it. 

I turned around the next day and did a cross training workout of mountain bike riding of 16.42 miles. The monsoon rains this year have really affected the trails out here. The mountain bike trail/hiking trails in Usery Regional park were either washed out or the rains and winds have changed them a lot. A few trails were not accessible due to standing water. 

This week started adding a little bit of strength training into the mix and other drills. 
I have a few mental goals I am aiming for and I will touch on those in future posts, so follow along. 


No comments: