Monday, July 30, 2018

Figured it out, kind of, still looking to get new shoes

So last week I was brought down by a blister on my right heel. The rest of the week, I focused on other training without running. Wearing flip-flops as much as possible. 
The blister is healing well. I was able to get a short but very effective training run in on Saturday morning. Focusing on power and speed, getting my heart rate up in Zone 4.  The muggy weather made it tough, but the workout was just what I needed. 
In the process the night before, putting out my shoes, I noticed the laces were broken on my right shoe. This is what was causing the slipping/rubbing on the right heel causing the blister. 
I swapped shoes, to an other pair I often run in, and no slipping. I guess I could have replaced just the laces, but there wasn't time, so I opted just to run in the other shoes. It worked out perfect. 


Broken laces that caused the rubbing and the blister to begin with


The shoes I have been since running in. I am looking into getting a new pair of shoes not just or the training but the race in November. 

No comments: