Thursday, May 23, 2019

Suffering from plantar fasciitis


Running is causing me pain.  I mentioned before in my blog that I never have suffered from plantar fasciitis, well, until now. 
I don’t know if it’s the shoes I’ve been wearing that have broken down, don’t fit proper any longer or what. The last few months I have woken up to getting out of bed to the first steps being very painful in my right foot. 
A few weeks back I started working on some home remedies. Stretching, massage and Frozen Peaz treatments and wearing compression gear, both calf sleeves and socks to help with the pain. The pain goes away for a little bit, but returns.  I have been able to get a few runs in here and there, but nothing to a regular training routine like I would like to be doing. The longest my runs have been is about three miles.  After I do a Frozen Peaz treatment the pain is better, but knowing that after that run I will pay the price in the next two to three days.  
I have started to wear an older pair of orthotics in my day to day walking shoes. They seem to be helping me during the daytime that’s for sure. 
I will get out running more soon, but before that I might need to make an appointment to the foot doctor to get things checked out and see what I need to do. 

No comments: