Tuesday, November 5, 2019

What a major confidence booster.




One week after snapping a pedal off my mountain bike, I got a solid great ride in.  I switched back to clip-less pedals. There is always the debate as to which is better, platform or clip-less pedals. I am used to riding with clip-less on both my road and mountain bike. 

The main reason I switched first off is because I don’t have an extra set of platform pedals in my stash of gear. 
Before the pedal snapped off, I was having a ton of issues with pedal strikes. It started getting to me mentally not being able to do climbs or trails I know I can do and have done previously.  




I was very excited when I was able to complete a full loop in my favorite mountain bike park for training. The entire 15 mile loop I never put a foot down or had to unclip from the pedals. 

What a major confidence booster. 




Before the ride I made some air shock adjustments after finding out my rear shock was set up to squishy. Added more air to it an adjusted the rebound.  


The adjustments and set up come just in time for a 200 mile challenge I have opted into this winter. 

No comments: