Monday, April 15, 2019

Leaky tire issue solved


So I have been running tubeless tires on my mountain bike for the past few years. It is nice just to inflate before a ride and get out on the trail. I make a few adjustments to the PSI depending on the trail type I’ll be riding. 
A few weeks ago, I was losing pressure on my ride, about half way through. There was no obvious punctures in the tires and they held air fine to begin with. 
After investigating a little deeper,  the valve was what was giving me problems. Sure enough I took the valve core out and the tubeless sealant inside was causing issues not letting it seal all the way. A quick and easy solution was to remove and replace the valve core. 

BOOM, fix is done!  While I was at it, I added three fresh ounces of sealant and inflated the tire. 
I was able to get out on the trails again this past weekend and the tires I replaced both valve stem cores are holding air just fine again. 




You can see in the photo, the new valve core on the left and the older one on the right. 

No comments: