Thursday, April 25, 2019

Looking forward to a lot of fun


Next year my son, the oldest of my two kids begins junior high. In doing so more at school programs will open up for him. One that I am excited for him to take advantage of is the after school mountain bike club. The school he is going to, it is a new program just getting off the ground. They have partnered with a local high school, in which they will be a part of their team when the season gets rolling.  He wanted me to be apart of the coaching group, so I went through the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) program. 


There are different levels of coaches and I passed and will be a Level One coach, helping with support of the team and other coaches. 
Last week was the first off season training session in a local park, riding on grass with him learning some bike handling skills. The team can only meet a limited amount of times before the official season kicks off and more training rides take place. Looking to have a lot of fun in the build up towards the season and his training and racing. 

No comments: