Thursday, November 8, 2018

Four Years Later

What took so long?  That's a great question, and I guess I really have no answers for. 
I've kept active, road cycling and mountain biking, with some running. 
Four years after having my left knee's MCL repaired. Recovery and rehab took about a month or two. I have done a few short sprint triathlons over the past four years, but nothing really run focused. November 11, 2018, I will run the longest distance (14 miles) since that simple surgery. I have peaked in training at 10.5 miles. Sure, I could say there wasn't time to train or I was busy with other endeavors, and that would be correct. I have always had a love/hate with running. 

Who's happier in this image? My mom or me as I came out of anesthesia from the surgery. 
(Note: I was still a little out of it as you might notice I put my shirt on backwards) 
One note the doctor told me as I marked with a sharpie marker, which knee they were operating on, that he would have be back running, and this weekend it is. 


Images of the surgery the doctor took inside. 

I am excited. I have a few mental goals and time goals I am shooting for. The weather, now that it is fall and cooling off, will be perfect. 

No comments: