Sunday, November 25, 2018

New Balance, Hierro, version 3, trail running shoe review




I have been impressed with this trail running shoe from New Balance. I’ve worn these for the past four months. 
They look and feel great. They do however miss being the perfect shoe for me with a few items. 


Yes, they have a great grippy VIBRAM outsole with their “Fresh Foam” mid-sole. Not really sure how long with “Fresh Foam” feel will last. 


The outer sole is not wearing down, even with running on super rough and jagged trails and plenty of road miles wearing them. The color I chose was sweet. The super bright, eye popping Hi-Lite with Black & Bright Cherry. I wear the standard width and a size 14. 



The sold is pretty durable even on the toughest of trails I have run them on. I like how the shoe is  breathable with the small vents on the front of the shoe. it keeps my toes ventilated, yet protected from the trail dirt and dust. 


The shoe fits great, even having a difficult time tying them up as tight as I like them.  They are a little difficult to put on with the “dust stopping” ankle collar. 



After putting them on I have to go back and adjust the ankle collar on the outside near my sock. I wish they were one more set of lace holes near the top, near the ankle collar. Having this extra set of lace holes would help really tighten down some of the slipping my foot does while inside the shoe. I have never suffered from any blisters or toe issues while wearing the shoe. Being a heavier runner, I like the weight and protection of this shoe. 
I can’t wait to see if they produce a version 4, if that’s in the making. I like the shoe even with some of the fitting issues. For any trail runner, I would recommend this shoe. 







New Balance, Hierro, version 3, trail running shoe with me on the 14 mile San Tan Xterra trail run. 

No comments: