Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Does it pay to run?



Well in the health sense, I believe so. Giving a great workout to the cardiovascular system. There are many reasons health-wise to run. So, Yes it does pay to run. 
I also have notice in the past few years, it “pays” to run monetarily too. Sure, while running along city streets I often find trash or debris in the curb or along the sidewalk. I have stumbled across kitchen utensils, construction nails and yes MONEY! 
Nothing like a jackpot or winning the lottery or anything, but pennies here and there. A dime here and there. If I am really lucky on a run I will find a quarter. That’s 25 pennies wrapped up into one tiny package. Just the other night out running, while my son was at football practice, I came across five pennies and a dime. 
I put the money I find out running in a jar on my workbench in the garage. It’s accumulating well, but will take many runs or years to build up to buy something with it or pay for a race entry. 
I often struggle when running if I stop and pick it up or just run by it. I try not to let it slow my, already slowish pace down any more. 
So to answer the question I started with, “Does it pay to run?” YES, in many ways. 

No comments: