Saturday, October 27, 2018

Coming down to the wire for training

Getting my last few weeks of training in for both a mountain bike race the first weekend and a trail running race the next.
I've decided to run the full trail course, the 14 miles tomorrow.  I know what most of the course looks like and feels like. I've ridden most of the course on my mountain bike, one time or another, except for the steep parts, which I have run in training numerous times. I will update this blog, early next week, after running the entire course. 
I am excited to not really put down a fast time, but complete the course and pin point where I will be needing water and nutrition. The day of the race, there will be aid stations out there, so I am not concerned about that, as I only plan to use the water from there on race day. 
Next week is the mountain bike race. I am pretty prepared. I just need to make some final adjustments to the bike and switch out a tubeless front tire for a newer one with better tread. 
Being I am camping out there the night before and night after the race, I need to start packing some clothes, tent, sleeping bag and food. 

No comments: