Thursday, May 28, 2020

The best I've felt on the mountain bike in a long time

Crushed 20 miles this morning before the desert heat sets in.  Dare I say when I started I was a little cold with it being only 70 F degrees outside. By the time the two hour, 20 mile ride was over it was in the mid 80's. 
Not really having any planned route in my favorite mountain bike trails, San Tan Mountain Regional Park, I started on the San Tan Loop. 


I originally set out just to hit 15 miles. Planned my gel intakes at every 45 minutes and it was best I've felt on the mountain bike in a long time. 
Not really focused on speed but picking the best lines and conserving energy when I could. Hydration was key too.  Sipped on water from my hydration pack often. 
Looking forward to more of the summer and getting in the early miles before the sun rises. 


No comments: