Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Adjusting my training schedule and healing a blister



This past week I have had some great workouts after returning from a brief vacation. For my training I am wearing both my Suunto Spartan WHR to capture my courses as well as my heart rate info. Synched to it is my Stryd Running Power Meter.  I am hoping to increase my strength and speed over the course of the training program. 
Next week I will start adding a weight program into my training. 
Also on my training run this past weekend I was able to get out on the steepest part of the run course. I know I need to update my shoes, to be a more "trail" running shoe, but the shoes I wore, were okay. The steep incline had my foot riding in the back of my shoe more and caused some rubbing. Enough rubbing that the last mile of the 4.5 mile run was a little rough. The rubbing caused a good size blister to occur. My goal now is to figure out a plan to cover it so it can heal fast and I can get out running still. Another goal I have is to find the perfect sock/shoe combination to eliminate the blister situation. 

Do you have any tried and true remedies for fixing this issue fast? I would love to hear and try anything. I am open to your suggestions. Comment or follow me on Twitter @timhakr. 


No comments: