Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Focused on some running while bike is needing repairs



The last week I have started up getting back in to running. I need to start getting a good base under my belt, as I am looking at a trail running race in the fall. 
Not to mention I am waiting on a few parts to get both my road and mountain bike tuned up and ready for a good year of riding. 
Friday afternoon, I came home and started to prep my road bike for a group ride on Saturday. Both tires were flat. I swapped out the bad tubes for new ones. I inflated them and prepped the bike on the car rack for Saturday’s ride. This would be the last weekend for later start group rides, with the summer heat arriving early. 
Saturday morning, I woke up got dressed and grabbed my gear. I happened to check the tires before leaving and both were flat again. The tubes were good as well as the tires, but I’m thinking it was the rim strips, even though I checked them before.  With the great weather outside, I loaded up a water bottle in my Orange Mud Hydra Quiver, put my running shoes on and got out the door.  I went for a six mile run, not really focused on speed, but just the long steady distance. 
I felt great the entire time. Slowing down and walking a few times. Watched my heart rate so I didn’t get it too high and explode myself out there. 
I will continue running and have some repairs/tune ups to do on my bikes went the parts get shipped. 

No comments: