Thursday, June 25, 2020

Virtual Race about a week away.

Pickle Juice Virtual Summer Series: Independence Day Rally for Dallas Off Road Bicycling Association




I am signed up and ready. Well, sort of.  I am prepared to take on the 20 mile distance on this virtual event. 
About a week ago, I had some mechanical issues come up.  

First was needing to add more tubeless sealant for summer riding, as I think the sealant inside was running low. 
Second was my rear derailleur.  It was causing issues shifting, but it's main issue was being able to climb up the cassette, yet not return to the bottom when the shifter was activated. After a visit to the local bike shop a few phone calls and photographs later showing the issue, I am getting a replacement for the derailleur under warranty. 
Hopefully this replacement arrives in time to get my virtual race in on July 4th. 

No comments: