Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The Humana Rock and Roll Half Marathon 2019


The Humana Rock and Roll Half Marathon 2019

Flat Me


The half-marathon start line is very close to the ASU bridge over University Drive in Tempe. 



Packet pick up was fast and easy. Held in the Phoenix Convention Center. There were a lot of vendors to check out after getting my race packet and run shirt. 

The morning of, I looked online to find the parking for the event. With the half marathon distance starting at a different location than the full distance marathon. I was able to navigate getting to the start line with not problem. There were drop bag trucks very well marked to take your belongings/warm clothes to the finish line. With the race starting a 7:50, I stretched and warmed up at about 7:40, thinking that would be enough time. 

I got to the proper coral I seeded myself in with plenty of time. By the time I crossed the start line it was about 45 minutes after the 7:50am start time. With all the different waves, I could have relaxed, off my feet and stayed a little warmer before turning in my drop bag. 


The course was a big loop with very gradual if any inclines.  The course was well marked, as well as the mile markers. The Rock and Roll marathon has bands on stages every mile or so to keep you motivated. It’s always fun to listen to the different music groups as you pass by their stage. 
The first few aid stations were stocked with plenty of water.  It wasn’t until mile 5 they started offering gels and Gatorade Endurance, along with water. 



About two miles out from the 13.1 mile course, a lot more spectators were lining the course. 

At the finish I was handed my medal and walked through a great swag/support line getting nutrition and drinks. 


There was a main stage with the headline performers performing. There was a great energetic party atmosphere with many food and product vendors in Tempe Beach park. 






I loved the aspect of the app the race series has created. From getting information at your fingertips to keeping track for social media followers and family and friends to monitor your progress. 
They also have section on their app where you can listen to music to your preference based on beats per minute to keep you energized around the course. 


Disclaimer: I received an entry to the Rock ‘n’ Roll Arizona to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews

No comments: