Monday, June 13, 2011

Let the training begin

Last week I got in just over 125 miles in on the bike during training, only to finish it off Sunday with a flat tire just under a mile away from my house. After taking out the tube in my tire, I found a piece of brown glass that worked its way through the tire and eventually punctured the tube. Fixed it pretty quickly and was back on the road home. Over the past week I have learned in just my recovery on how much I need to increase my fluid intake on the bike and just in general day to day.
Today, June 13, starts my training program for a half-iron distance race in late October. The training pretty much has me going five days a week, with two rest days. I am looking forward to the training I will do and trying to follow this plan as closely as I can.

No comments: