Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hitting the Trails




I was excited to get in a mountain bike training ride in for the past week. I met up with some riders from the bike shop and headed out in to Usery Park.  Wearing my Suunto Ambit 2S I was looking to gather a bunch of data about my workout, with some of my favorite apps plugged into the HR monitor.  The weather was perfect. It started at about 55 degrees at 8am and quickly warmed up.  After being in the saddle for an hour, I was feeling really good and could tell my at home roller workout along with wearing my Training Mask was helping me while out on the trails.  There are some areas of the trail I need to work on getting better at and will be visiting the park a ton before this summers next mountain bike race.  My nutrition and hydration with HoneyMaxx was spot on.  I opted to not have a water bottle cage, yet carry my keys and water bottle in my Orange Mud Hydraquiver.

No comments: