Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Week Two Marathon Training Update

Finished my second week of marathon training and am feeling pretty good.  The shorter runs I have done during the week have been late in the day, but I am still getting them done.  Monday I completed my weekly long run of nine miles.  Before I headed out, my left knee started bothering me, feeling very tight on the inside.  I started off slowly, keeping my pace a little slower than normal as to not go out to fast.  Averaged a HR of 146 with my MIO Alpha with only a few times slowing to walking to kind of rest.  The weather was perfect in the low 70's and full sun.  I know for sure last week I over dressed.  I actually felt stronger and more relaxed than during my last weeks long run. I am getting in the groove of the pace and HR.   I was fully hydrated with my HoneyMaxx orange traveling in my Orange Mud HydraQuiver.  In the time I was out, I still had some left over in my bottle when I got home.  
I am working this week on increasing my cardio on the rollers and a few runs are planned during the week with my next long run coming next Sunday.  
No real tight muscles to complain of but I will still work with the RumbleRoller Beastie this week. 

No comments: