Monday, November 7, 2011

Looking back at what went wrong.



I believe the training for my half-iron race was perfect.  With most of my training in the summer and the hot months here in Arizona, I thought I was prepared for the heat that would hit on race day.  The temperature hit 97 degrees.  The morning of I started to drink just a little bit more water than normally to take in account for the heat that would rise during the race. I thought my nutrition and liquid intake was good until the last 10 miles of the bike, I took in to much liquid which made my run tank my goal time of just around 6 hours.  The heat and sun also took a toll on my time.

I have a few running races to finish out the year, but all in all it was a very successful year, with a great 2012 just around the corner.

No comments: