Monday, August 15, 2011

Life goes on, training continues, learning from my mistakes and moving on.

I have lived my life being honest and truthful with everything. It's how my parents raised me and really the best way to live life. I am writing to let my friends, family and numerous followers of my blog, Facebook and Twitter accounts know the result of a video contest I entered over the summer. After sending you many email reminders, requests and begs for votes, I need to inform you all that I did not win the contest. Even after getting the most votes, which I thought -- and had many of you believing -- would help me win the contest. The contest was extended an extra 10 days to help everyone collect more votes and spread the word on social media. I guess I was wrong about trying to collect the most votes. When it came down to it, the votes were not how the contest was decided. The winner was chosen by some other method not clear to me.  Whether it was voting for elementary school class president or voting taking place on a TV show to see who is cast off, voting has always been a way of deciding the outcome of many things with the end result being good or bad, right or wrong.  I guess what I am trying to say is, I am sorry for wasting your time in helping me collect votes when they really never mattered. Yes, for those who are just reading this now, it was for the $500 SLiME video contest, held on their website. How can I compare this to my training and racing? Well, when I enter a race I expect the distances be measured correctly, knowing that if it's a marathon, I am running 26.2 miles, nothing shorter, nothing longer.
So life goes on, training continues, I learned from my mistakes and move on. Thank you to all my friends and family and social media followers.

No comments: