Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Half way there and feeling very strong

Week nine of training started yesterday and I am feeling stronger than ever.  Allergy issues have gone away and it's full steam ahead. 
On Sunday my workout was a bike/run brick.  I think when it comes down to it, I really think this is one of the best workouts.  My pace on the bike was not killer, but it still had a few hills involved.  Coming off from Saturday's longer ride of nearly 40 miles I was feeling good.  Stopped by my house, transitioned in to my running shoes and out the door for a quick 2 mile out and back run. 
I was able Sunday to also squeeze a gym workout with weights.  The lactic acid in my upper legs made for a tough start to Monday, but nothing a little massage with "The Stick" to roll out my muscles. 
I have been trying to schedule some open water swims, but the pool will do for now.  

No comments: