Thursday, December 2, 2010

Catching up

It's been busy over the past month, so I have not been able to make a post.
A few weeks back I was invited as a member of the media to the Tempe Mayor's Ironman Charity Challenge. The super sprint is 1/100th of the real Ironman distance, and over in a blink of an eye. I won the race and $1000 check for charity in Nov. of 2008. I was able to ride my own bike the year I won and the past two years they have loaned beach cruisers to participants. Before however there was the chance of Tempe Town Lake not being the location of the Ironman Arizona swim due to the dam bursting and draining the man made lake. The lake was refilled a month early so the race was on. With all the hype around the Ironman and the media challenge with the mayor he made a youtube video calling the media a bunch of wimps. I responded with my own video to the mayor in this video.




I did not win, but still had fun.

No comments: