Thursday, September 1, 2016

Replacing the watch band on my Suunto Ambit 2S







The band on my Suunto Ambit 2S was showing some wear and tear, so I ordered a new one to replace it with. To switch out the band it required a T6, or Torx 6, bit. I stopped by the watch repair store on my way home from work and the guy there did not have it.  He said stop by next week and he would have it.  He said the charge to swap out the band would be ten dollars. 
I though to myself that is a lot to just swap out the band. So I stopped by the local hardware store just to see if they happen to have the Torx T6 bit I was in search of.  Sure enough they did in a multi-piece mini screwdriver set for only five dollars. I thought to myself that after switching out the band myself, I would have the screwdriver set to work on other projects down the road that might call for the Torx T6 bit again or anyone of the other 23 bits that also came with the set. 


The watchband is on and working a good as new. 

No comments: