Saturday, May 7, 2016

Focusing on strength workout while doing cardio


My training is going well for completing my own, self-supported Ironman distance race in October of this year. Along with my running, swimming and cycling, I have really focused on strength workouts I am doing every other day. The weights I am using are not super heavy. The weight fluctuates, depending on the body part being focused on, from 10 pounds up to 40 pounds. In the almost hour long workout I am working on my legs, shoulders, chest, abs as well as biceps and triceps.  The reps are pretty high for each body part being worked on.  I am looking at continuing this workout for the next few months combined with the regular training workouts. 
My HR averages to about 115 BPM burning just under 500 calories. 

No comments: