Monday, October 19, 2015

Taking First Place in my division in a Sprint Triathlon

When it comes down to it, the last year has been a rebuilding of many sorts. First of all my knee. I can hear the doctor telling me clearly before going into surgery. He said he would get me back racing, out on the course. Almost a year later I was able to compete back at full strength. I was excited, as I took first place in my division, finishing about three minutes ahead of the person coming in second. The pool swim, in a heated pool went off as planned. A bunch of athletes ahead of me I had to navigate around. T1 was flawless and fast, with no socks to put on before jumping on the bike. The first of three, five mile loops I eased into a pace and saved a bunch of energy on the into the wind portions. I was able to get some great speed with the disc wheel being pushed along by a great tail wind on a few other portions of the loop. 
I guess I have been putting off "officially" entering a race with limited time for longer training. In the past three months I have been able to really get out and enjoy training that I could squeeze in. I was very excited to get out and race, even though it was just a sprint distance tri. Slept well the night before and felt strong and rested a few days leading up to the weekend.  I want to thank those who have supported me and kept me out training and working out. The foundation to a come back trail has just been put down!

 






The Town of Gilbert 9th Annual Seville Sports Club Mini & Maxi Sprint Triathlons & Duathlon 

300 YARD SWIM in 6:41
15.4 MILE BIKE in 46:51
2 MILE RUN in 19:55 (seriously, I so need to work on my running) 

with the total being 1:13:26

No comments: