Thursday, May 14, 2015

Wake Up More Naturally with the Lumie© Zest


Do you have a difficult time walking up when it’s dark outside? I do, more so in the winter months when the sun rises later in the morning.  In the summer, the sun rises earlier so I am able to get up and moving a lot quicker. I have slowly transformed into a rooster by waking when the sun does. Well sort of. I have been using the Lumie© Zest, an alarm clock that with it’s LED lights simulates the rising sun, gradually getting brighter and finishing off with an audible alarm going off. Let me first say, I don’t think I suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), but the Lumie© Zest has a mode in which light therapy helps treat SAD.  I was given the Lumie© Zest to review and use and see if it could help wake me up in the darker hours of the morning. The user can program the alarm clock to take 15 or 30 minutes for the 60 blue tinted white LED’s to fully illuminate.  At the peak of it’s brightness (which can be controlled at 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, or 100%) an optional audio alarm can be set also to go off and both can easily be snoozed. The sound of the alarm can also be used anywhere from off, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, or 100% of the maximum volume. The lights are to boost your mood, energy and productivity.  I, on the other hand am using it to get myself out of bed early out running, out on my bike or driving to the pool for a swim workout. The light can be used also during the daytime to improve ones mood if they are stuck indoors all day or want to feel more awake and more motivated. The Lumie© Zest uses a 24 hour clock, so setting up the clock time and wake time are very easy. Light therapy for those suffering from SAD is very effective, yet check with your doctor before beginning this type of therapy.  in the time I have been using the Lumie© Zest I can honestly say it has helped me awake easier. I highly recommend Lumie© Zest to other athletes who want to wake up earlier more natural to get their daily workout in. 

No comments: