Saturday, May 31, 2014

Race Day a Week Away

I am starting to put together a list of what I will be using during the 12 Hours at Night mountain bike race a week away.  

To carry my hydration and spare tube and Co2 I will be using the Orange Mud HydraQuiver. The training I have done with this pack feels very comfortable and I will use it to carry my  CarbBOOM! gels too. Also the ease of swapping out an empty bottle for a full one. I plan on also using one if not two cages on my bike to carry water and HoneyMaxx. 
Of course UdderySmooth Chamois cream, and bringing extras (trial size containers) to share with friends racing there too who might need it. 
My Lupine Lighting Wilma 2400 Lumen kit to keep me on course.  
A bottle of ProGold Xtreme chain lube.  This is the perfect chain protection for this ride due to its formulated
for long distances and extreme off-road conditions.  Its ability to shedding waters is great also, as a summer storm could have a possibility of happening or making the course muddy.  
My Suunto Ambit 2S with HR to capture my data as well as the course with its GPS. 
I am most likely going to make a few items from the Skratch Labs Feed Zone cook books, so more than just energy gels and fluid will keep me fueled properly.








No comments: