Monday, June 10, 2013

Feed Zone Portables recipe book

Feed Zone Portables is a new book of recipes out by Chef Biju and Dr. Lim with 75 ideas for cyclists, runners, triathletes, mountain bikers, climbers, hikers, and backpackers. The simple recipes are made with real food. I have tired a few of these easy to make recipes bringing them on my longer rides and lately on the way out the door to the pool to swim laps. On their website they offer free sample of some of the recipes at  www.feedzonecookbook.com 
My favorite recipe that I have made so far are Banana Waffles. I seem to get stuck in ruts of what I eat in the morning and out while on longer rides or runs. This book has helped open my eyes to what can be done.  Sure there are the energy bars and gels I take along but this is real food you prepare in your own kitchen. 

No comments: