Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tour de Mesa, next race on the schedule

So Saturday April 14, is my next race.  The El Tour de Mesa has a few distances, in which I will be doing the farthest distance of 70 miles. My training is coming along both on the rollers indoors and out on the road. 
I have really noticed a huge difference in when I wear a cotton t-shirt indoors on the rollers.  The heat is really kept in.  I am looking at placing a small fan out in front of the rollers to help cool me down a little. I've been getting some great workouts in with my Miowatch Quest, a GPS watch with heart rate monitor. I have the GPS turned off and just using the heart rate monitor function.  My workouts have moved from three weeks ago in Zone 3 to now Zone 2, 45 minute workouts.
The El Tour de Mesa is a new race for me and I look to have some fun.  Bib numbers have been issued online and I am #297, if your out there before the race or on the course say "hi".  

No comments: