Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Did it, but barely.

I finished the 100 miles of cycling I had set out for my goal last week.  With about 25 miles to go, I came down with a cold, so the rest of the goal was tough. 
I did 12.5 of the miles on mountain bike.  
On an evening road ride, I was 8 miles into what was planned at 10 until a severe rear flat. The flat was a pinch flat or blow out, I can't tell exactly. The ride ended abruptly having me walk home about  a mile. I was in a good groove and pace and the weather was cooling off from the daytime heat. 
I turned around the next day and finished up the last day with an easy three mile ride around the neighborhood on a different bike. 
The summer heat is for sure here.  I have a series of four videos coming out, and will link them back to my blog here.  The videos are about different products that will help keep riders cool in the summer. They keep you outside and on the road as opposed to riding indoors on a boring trainer. Stay tuned.  

No comments: