Monday, October 2, 2017

New MTB rims, prepping for race day






New tubeless rim set up Bontrager Mustang 29in Elite TLR wheels with Bontrager  XR4 Expert tires. The front tire is 2.4 wide with the rear at 2.3.  The aggressive tread on the rear tire, rubs on the front derailleur at the bottom of the seat stay. I am then only able to use either the largest chain ring up front or the smallest, of the three. 


The middle chain ring is not usable as the tire rubs when it is in this position. With the tire pressures being 24psi in the front and 26psi in the rear, I was able to knock out a very good training lap at race pace of the course for early next month.  A few more changes and tweeks, and I will be set for race day.  I have some tubeless ready tires, that are 2.2 that I will swap out in the rear, and the rubbing on the derailleur won’t happen. 

On this mornings test lap of adjustments, I felt strong and am impressed with the wheel and tire set up.  

No comments: