Monday, September 18, 2017

Race Day a little over a month away



So I am signed up with three other friends to do the Showdown at Usery this year.  Last year I competed as a duo, doing four laps of the almost 11 mile course.  This year it will only be two laps as the four of us will be trading out who is riding. I rode the course Saturday morning for a training workout, not really out to set any blazing times or anything, but just get a feel for the course again and know where I need to made some adjustment in my training.  We have just a little over a month and a half before race day.  Saturday morning I struggled hard with riding eastbound looking directly into the sun.  I had a hard time navigating the trail and the washes and turns, I couldn’t wait until the sun was to my side or behind me. 

Some of the washes on the course are a little thick with sand still, but that shouldn’t be a problem.  I will try and get out there a bunch more times leading up to race day.

No comments: