Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Ameo PowerBreather


Ameo PowerBreather




The Ameo PowerBreathera type of snorkel/breathing device that allows you to keep your head down while swimming laps. No need to tilt your head to the side to take a breathe. My first go at wearing the Ameo PowerBreather, swimming snorkel, I was totally blown away at how easy it was to learn and use. The first couple breathes I was bringing in a little water in through my mouth.  After a quick adjustment to the two up tubes, it was working just fine. It might take awhile to get used to breathing in just the mouth and not wanting to bring air in your through your nose. For myself, my normal swimming breathing is, in through the mouth and out the nose as I am under water. The two snorkel tubes run up long each side of the head. It also took a little bit of time to assemble from the case it came it and fit correctly over the head. From the mouthpiece, the side tubes pivot from there. There is an adjustment dial on the back of the unit so it fits perfectly.  





Using this snorkel will allow for time to focus on good stroke and body alignment in the water. It comes disassembled in a carrying case. I had a little bit of the difficult time attaching the pieces together with the vents. I probably will end up just leaving it assembled as it was time consuming to put it together and take it apart after each use. I wish the case would have been bigger then to carry it fully put together. Other traditional snorkels on the market mix Co2, what you are expelling, with fresh air trying to make it down the same tube, allowing you to get oxygen. 







With the Ameo PowerBreather is designed to pull in fresh air w/oxygen, not mixed with exhaling Co2, to enter from the top tubes and the air you expel leaves through a vent on the bottom, close to your mouth. The air is expelled underwater, of course creating bubbles. I have yet to try using it to perform flip turns, but I am super impressed with its design and function.  In my Twitter feed and blog you will see more of this device as I begin to incorporate this to improve me swimming. 





Check it out at

Ameo PowerBreather

No comments: