Monday, November 10, 2014

The Suunto Ambit 2S










The display is very bright and large and you can choose and option to invert the display. 

I have been using the Suunto Ambit2S for about six months now.  I know they have released the Ambit3 already, but the Ambit2S is a great device for monitoring and capturing your workouts.  With over 3000+ apps designed for the Ambit2 its incredible with GPS and Heart Rate. Don’t find the app you are looking for or what it can capture? Design your own if you know what you are doing. The apps are training programs too.  Search the http://www.movescount.com site and browse through the training programs available for a lot of sports.  I have stuck to using the open water swimming app, running, mountain biking, road cycling, triathlon (multi-sport) and even the app created to monitor your heart rate while you sleep.  Each app is customizable to let you set if you want the GPS to ping every second or every 10 seconds, etc, helping save the battery. With the watch having ANT+, it can synch with foot pods, cadence, and power meters.  I have used it on and off synching it with my MIO ALPHA which is also ANT+ enabled.  Could it be a match made in heaven for those who don't like the chest strap? 
 Suunto Ambit 2S, left, MIO ALPHA with ANT+


It's a great option. This watch and the technology built in it is pretty amazing. When I first started using it during pool / lap swims and I would download the data and it was able to tell the stroke (freestyle) I was swimming. It also calculated my stroke rate as well as numerous other types of data I selected it to collect. 


Keep checking back as I explain more of the Suunto Ambit2S. 

No comments: