Monday, June 27, 2011

Waiting for what?

I am in training for a half-ironman distance race in late October here in Arizona.  I have started the training before even signing up.  I know a lot of age-groupers don't normally start training for a race until they have dropped money on the entry fee.  I don't expect the race registration to close with its limit of athletes.  I still feel the pressure in training without registering just yet.  Late October will be here before I know it, and with the 113 degree days we have been having here I wish it would come sooner.  For the race, I am looking to improve my time from 2008. 
Training over the weekend was good. I took a different bike course on Saturday morning.  I felt like the hills I normally ride were getting old.  I have started more of an intense core workout, letting the light weight workouts slip.  I really need to start those back up again. 

No comments: